Saturday, January 23, 2010

Reflections on My Anniversary

Today is the anniversary of the day my wife, Jennifer, and I were joined together in wedded bliss. While that statement may seem contrived or corny, it really is neither. Bliss is what we have - really.

Though many of you who read this do not know her, those who do know Jen is a wonderful lady. She is a faithful, faith-filled, loving and kind person. Those who take the time to get to know her quickly find she is a gem among women. I could not be more pleased that she is a part of my life.

Some people find it surprising we met via eHarmony.com. We find that fact to be a great part of our story together. Perhaps one day I will regale it to you here. When we married we filled out a survey on eHarmony and received a very nice crystal candy dish as a wedding gift. It sits on our entertainment center and holds plug adapters for our various electronics.

This is the first year we haven't gone on an "Annual Honeymoon" as I call them. We decided to cut back on our travel a little so we could pay off debt as part of our Total Money Makeover. Next week, though, we're going to see Dave Ramsey live in Houston. I think that will make up for it. Hopefully we'll be able to resume our honeymoon tradition back up next year.

What a great time we've had together. We still smooch and hug often throughout the day. Sometimes people tell us we're "disgusting" and that we need to "get a room." We don't care, because we're "In Luuuuuuv."

So, on this day I declare that I love my wife tremendously and I don't regret one single second of our life together. I am very grateful she's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment