Friday, April 17, 2009

I Know, Don't Delete Anything

I know it's not a good idea to delete blog postings. They never really disappear anyway. But, I did delete my latest two blogs about Governor Rick Perry, the first of which endorsed his support of Texas House Concurrent Resolution 50 and the second which mentioned his comments about some Texans who may want to secede from the United States.

I may have posted those in haste. Although I think it's high time people started to debate the Federal Government overstepping its Constitutional boundaries, I find the discussion has centered around the old Republican versus Democrat battle. The vitriol has gotten way out of hand, too.

Folks, our current problems are truly "bipartisan." The underlying issues have little to do with party - they stem from long ago and did not all-of-the-sudden start with the latest Congress, nor with President Obama. They did not even start with the last President - but rather long before.

After some consideration, I decided to delete those posts. I wish to ponder on some ideas further and present a more thorough discussion. This discussion, I hope, will stimulate some true debate rather than the simple "us versus them" rants I'm hearing now.

2 comments:

  1. For once, Texas Governor Rick Perry is correct. Many conservative and libertarian Americans agree that the right of peaceful, democratic secession by state convention is a legitimate constitutional right of every state in the union.

    There are only two solutions to the massive Washington national debt now threatening the economic future and prosperity of every productive American. One is peaceful secession on the state level from the Washington Empire leaving the illegitimate federal debts with the Washington and Wall Street interests who created the debts. The second alternative is a constitutional amendment by the states to cancel the Washington national debt. The cancel the Washington Debt by 12/21/2012 Constitutional Amendment is now online at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=67594690498&ref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment.

    Erasing the enormous debt we've amassed is not going to happen overnight. I can't see the Congress pushing a Constitutional Amendment to force a balanced budget, either. I also don't think it's time to talk secession.

    I'm convinced this really needs to start at the grass roots. If we can convince individuals and families to start getting their own financial houses in order, we'll have better standing to demand the same from our governments. I've started this on my own, which you can read about here: http://rehor.blogspot.com/2009/04/whats-up-with-dave-ramsey.html.

    I encourage you to read my story and jump on board. Whether you go with a Dave Ramsey-type Total Money Makeover or work through another system, let's get our finances in order! If we can get people to real prosperity and not just managing debt we can have a real economic boom.

    ReplyDelete