Friday, April 10, 2009

Friend Walking in Breast Cancer 3-Day

A friend, Rose, whom I know from my days in the Army is walking in the Breast Cancer 3-Day, which benefits Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund. It's a 60-mile walk over the course of 3 days. Quite an ambitious effort, and one well worth supporting.

Please consider supporting Rose in her quest to raise $2500. Even a small donation helps. Donation information can be found here on Rose's Donation Page. There you will find information about how to donate online, by phone or by mail.

For more information about the Breast Cancer 3-Day, Susan G. Komen for the Cure or the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund, visit http://www.the3day.org/ or call 800.996.3DAY.

2 comments:

  1. I check in and read your blog every so often. You are doing well with it.

    Everyone has been affected by cancer in some way. Our family is doing a Cancer Foundation run in July in honor of family members that we have lost or have survived cancer. This is great what you are doing. Hopefully, more and more people will get involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting. I appreciate you stopping by and checking out my babblings, too.

    You may know Rose, she was a Czech Lingy who served with us at Ft. Bliss.

    Please let me know when you're raising money for your run and I'll post the information here. Fund-raising to eliminate cancer is my charity focus. I'm more than happy to spread the word here.

    ReplyDelete