Monday, November 17, 2008

Obama Makes Me Go "Hmmmmm"

This took me rather by surprise: Obama's campaign web site was retooled to ask people to assist the victims of recent fires in California by donating to the Red Cross, the Salvation Army or by volunteering to help via Governor Schwarzenegger's Californiavolunteers.org web site.

To say I'm very pleasantly surprised by this would be an understatement. Obama has leaned towards the "big government" side of things, so to see him do something like this is very interesting to me. I've oft quoted John Kennedy's words, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country." I think of those words as a cry for people to stop asking the government to help all the time and take care of themselves and help their neighbors. I'm all for Americans helping Americans.

Still, I have to wonder if this is how an Obama Presidency will look once he takes charge. We shall see, we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment